Online MBA Course Curriculum
Obtain a sound business foundation and a new perspective
The Northeastern MBA program has been specifically designed and structured for working professionals like you. To accommodate your schedule, there are nine start dates available throughout the year, so you can get started almost immediately.
Once enrolled in the program, most students spend from 15 to 20 hours a week studying. They make time in the evening, on weekends, and when traveling for business, as well as other times that fit in their busy schedules.
There are 17 courses in the program for a total of 50 credits. Each course lasts between three and seven weeks.
The courses in the online MBA are divided into two segments: core courses and electives. The sequence of courses has been designed to offer the highest degree of flexibility for students entering the program at multiple points throughout the year.
- Core Courses (12 courses)
Build a sound business foundation
The core courses provide you with a comprehensive range of concepts and knowledge that can empower you with a strong business and management foundation. These 12 courses are structured to allow you to build on your knowledge as you progress through the program.
- Managing Ethics in the Workplace and Marketplace
- Global Competition and Market Dominance
- Managing People and Organizations
- Financial and Management Accounting
- Value Creation Through Financial Decision-Making
- Managing Information Resources
- Information Analysis
- Managing the Global Enterprise
- Creating and Sustaining Customer Markets
- Management of Service and Manufacturing Operations
- Strategic Decision-Making in a Changing Environment
- Technology, Entrepreneurship, and Enterprise Growth
- Elective Courses (5 courses)
Focus on your area of interest
The elective courses required to complete each area of specialization were selected based on careful consideration of the most important issues facing businesses today. To successfully complete a general MBA, you must complete any five electives in addition to the core courses. To complete a specialized MBA, three of your five elective courses must be from a single area of specialization.
There are seven areas of specialization. The courses listed below represent possible choices within each specialization.
- Healthcare Management
- High Technology Management
- Innovation Entrepreneurship
- International Management
- Operations and Supply Chain Management